A Planned Approach to a Job Offer
Today’s challenging job market demands skilled commitment to find and secure a job. In some regions, there are approximately six job seekers for every job opening. One mistake many job seekers make is sending out unsolicited resumes in bulk. Approximately 15% of your time should be spent responding to job postings online. Learn how to effectively use the other 85% to improve your job search.
Workshop (2 to 3 hours)
What Will I Learn?
Learn how to plan and prepare for a job search, build positive relationships, communicate and network effectively, and use appropriate business etiquette and social media to increase your odds of getting the job of your choice.
What Will I Experience?
Learn 3 Components of a Successful Job Search
- Job Search Strategy
- Create a job search plan, portfolio, and follow-up strategy
- Tap into the hidden job market
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Write a resume that will be read
- Discover effective cover letter formats
- Before, During, and After an Interview
- Use a 12-step process to present your qualifications and accomplishments, and design follow-up communication
- Explore answers to common and unusual interview questions
What Will I Get?
Interactive instruction and a workbook provide the tools to improve your job search success.